News & Updates for the Community
Public Health and Human Services would like to remind you to follow the CDC’s COVID guidelines to protect yourself and others. If you have further questions/concerns, please feel free to contact the PHHS Team at 359-6240 or 359-6180.
- STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE SICK!
- Get tested for COVID-19 if needed. If you are eligible for services at Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority, free COVID test kits are available for pick up at the emergency room desk. Please wear a mask if symptomatic!
- Follow CDC recommendations: Isolate and take precautions if you have or suspect you have COVID-19 (attached)
- WASH YOUR HANDS!!
Link: Isolate and take precautions if you have or suspect you have COVID-19 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/your-health/isolation-print-resource-final.pdf
Link: 10 Things you can do to manage your COVID symptoms at home: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/10Things.pdf
Link: Don’t Delay: Test Soon and Treat Early https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/downloads/communication/print-resources/Test-Soon-Treat-Early.pdf
Elderly and those who are severely immunocompromised may want to take additional precautions, such as:
- Wear a well-fitting, high-quality mask or respirator
- Avoid poorly ventilated or crowded indoor settings
- When indoors with others, try to improve ventilation as much as possible
- And wash their hands often with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
COVID-19 Vaccine is now available at the Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority to ANYONE 12yrs. & older!
Walk-in Clinic Hours are Monday – Friday 9:00am – 11:00am & 1:00pm – 3:00pm.
Public Health & Human Services
43 John Crowe Hill Rd.
PO Box 666
Cherokee, NC 28719
7:45 am – 4:30 pm
It is the policy of PHHS that any comments that contain spam or are improper, inflammatory, off-topic or offensive shall be removed. Repeat offenders may be subject to banning.
EBCI PHHS strives to make the information contained on these third party sites as timely and accurate as possible, PHHS makes no claim, promise, or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents on these third party sites, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these sites. Items posted on these third party sites do not necessarily reflect the views or act as endorsements by EBCI PHHS.