Regulatory & Compliance
“When in doubt, report it out”
To ensure the EBCI Public Health & Human Services Division continues to provide excellent care through strategies and processes that promote employee safety, ethical behavior, high quality of care, and compliance with applicable regulations.
The Regulatory and Compliance Program
ensures the EBCI Public Health and Human Services continue to provide excellent care through strategies and processes that regulate employee safety, ethical behavior, high quality of care, and compliance with applicable regulations.
The Regulatory and Compliance Program is responsible for exercising due diligence to prevent and detect criminal conduct, and otherwise promote an organizational culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with the law. The team consists of a Lead Compliance Officer, Compliance Officer, Regulatory & Appeals Officer, Training Coordinator & Quality Improvement Coordinator.
What We Do
- Compliance monitoring/investigations
- Privacy and security monitory
- Training Administration and tracking for all PHHS employees
- Assistance with policy development for new programs to ensure adherence to regulations and high-quality service provision
- Support division programs to increase results-based accountability
- Employee and contractor’s sanction checks
- Assistance with corrective action planning and implementation
- Systemic quality improvement activities
- Provide a performance management system that involves the ongoing use of performance standards, performance measures, progress reporting, and QI principles
- Facilitate and finalize a division-wide risk assessment
- Maintain a compliance hotline
- Investigate complaints
- Provide regular monitoring and auditing of programs
- Approve or deny foster care licensures
Not sure what to do or which way to turn?
Your gut tells you there is something wrong but you are unsure how to define it or what to do with your information. “When in doubt, report it out.”
Contact a PHHS Compliance Officer Monday through Friday from 7:45am – 4:30pm at 828-359-6180. To make a report after business hours OR if you prefer to make an anonymous report, you may access the EBCI Compliance Support Line 24/7, 365 days per year at 1-800-455-9014. Or go online and submit your report electronically at ebci.alertline.com
Remember – We are here to help you!
Regulatory & Compliance
43 John Crowe Hill
Cherokee, NC 28719
Brandy Davis, MHA
Lead Compliance Officer
Quality Improvement Coordinator
Anonymous Report Line
800-455-9014 (24/7, 365 days/year)
Monday – Friday
7:45 am – 4:30 pm
It is the policy of PHHS that any comments that contain spam or are improper, inflammatory, off-topic or offensive shall be removed. Repeat offenders may be subject to banning.
EBCI PHHS strives to make the information contained on these third party sites as timely and accurate as possible, PHHS makes no claim, promise, or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents on these third party sites, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these sites. Items posted on these third party sites do not necessarily reflect the views or act as endorsements by EBCI PHHS.