Family Support Services
Restore & Strengthen Native American Families
The primary function of Family Support Services
is to assist residents of the Qualla Boundary with public and social welfare issues such as child custody, family problems and financial hardships.
These programs are provided for Cherokee and Snowbird residents. There is a staffed office located in the Snowbird Community.
- Tribal Wood Program, Family Preservation Services Food Pantry, SSI Payee, Christmas Store.
- Indian Child Welfare, Supervised court ordered parent/child visitations (both Tribal and State Court orders), Parents as Teachers (Snowbird Office only), Court ordered home studies and adoptive home studies (both Tribal and State Court orders), Parenting Classes.
- Emergency Assistance, Fuel Program, Burial Expenses, Tribal Referral Program, Home Repair Program, Wheelchair Lift Program.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
- Application for Heating Assistance. Must print and submit to Family Support or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call to find out what information you must bring with you to your interview.
- Click here to watch a mini-documentary about the Indian Ministries of North America and their partnership with Family Support Services to provide firewood to tribal members in need.
Photos Courtesy Indian Ministries of North America, Inc.
Family Support Services
73 Kaiser Wilnoty Drive
PO Box 507
Cherokee, NC 28719
Kathy Holloway, Parents and Teachers Coordinator (Snowbird Office, 828-497-2437)
After Hours & Emergencies:
828-507-7825 (cell) leave a short detailed message, speak clearly and slowly so that messages can be understood and a staff will return the call
Monday – Friday
7:45 am – 4:30 pm
It is the policy of PHHS that any comments that contain spam or are improper, inflammatory, off-topic or offensive shall be removed. Repeat offenders may be subject to banning.
EBCI PHHS strives to make the information contained on these third party sites as timely and accurate as possible, PHHS makes no claim, promise, or guarantee about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents on these third party sites, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of these sites. Items posted on these third party sites do not necessarily reflect the views or act as endorsements by EBCI PHHS.